Occupational Therapy Presentations
Oral Presentations; 8:30 am-12:30 pm
8:40-8:55 – Yelisey Shapovalov, Assessment and Measurement, Ph.D.
-Evaluating halo effect in performance assessments: A Rasch measurement model simulation study
8:55-9:10 – John Lee, Assessment and Measurement, Ph.D.
-The Educational Video Rubric: Design, Data Collection, and Implementation
9:10-9:25 – Arta Sejdiu, Writing, Rhetoric, and Technical Communication, M.A.
-“A Tweet is a Genre?”: Developing Students’ Genre Awareness through the Genre-Translation Project
9:25-9:30 – Break
9:30-9:45 – Julia Portmann, Biology, M.S.
-Identifying Key Stream Restoration Variables in an Agriculturally Impaired Chesapeake Bay Watershed
9:45-10:00 – Shannon Gillen, Biology, M.S.
-Pilfering passerines? Inter-Class Competition: A New Direction in Foraging Ecology, Shenandoah Valley, VA
10:00-10:15 – Mara McFadden, Psychological Sciences, M.A.
-The Question Behavior Effect: Increasing Test-Taking Motivation at a Low Cost
10:15-10:30 – Raghav Jha, Communication, Sciences, and Disorders, Ph.D.
-Amplitude-modulated-cVEMP: A novel method to assess vestibular functioning in aging population
10:30-10:35 – Break
10:35-10:50 – Hunter Baylous, Biology, M.S.
-The Ecophysiology of Microcystis aeruginosa in response to IAA and Tryptophan
10:50-11:05 – Sarah Hammami, Psychological Sciences, M.A. (pre-recorded)
-Do Different Racial/Ethnic Groups Perform Differently on Wellness Assessments? An Application of a Diagnostic Cognitive Model to Inform JMU’s General Education Curriculum
11:05 – 11:20 – Mark Young, Public Administration, M.P.A.
-Emergency Management at Institutions of Higher Learning (Colleges and Universities): A Semester Evaluation Study of University Administrators, Faculty, Staff and Students Perception on Campus Safety Emergency Management Operation Plan (EOP)
11:20-11:35 – Stephanie LeRoy, Psychological Sciences, M.A.
-The Role of Funnel Items on Response Styles
11:35-11:40 – Break
11:40-11:55 – Irina Perfilova, Sport and Recreation Leadership, M.S.
-The Impact of COVID-19 on Para-Athletes: A Case Study on Motivation and Psychological Training for the 2020 Paralympic Games
11:55-12:10 – Mohamed Serry, Adult Human Resource Development, M.S.Ed.
-The Journey of International Dukes-
12:10-12:25 – Christian Brown, Biology, M.S.
-Modeling species distribution versus habitat suitability: A case study on red spruce (Picea rubens)
back to top
Poster Presentations; 1:30-3:00 pm
Jeanine Aberbook and Abby Larson, Physician Assistant Studies, M.P.A.S.
– The Effect of a Wellness Curriculum on First Semester JMU PA Students
Jeffrey Hayden Bartley, Physical and Health Education Teacher Education, M.A.T.
– Lessons Learned from an Online Sexual Health Education Program
Jake Evans, Kinesiology, M.S.
– Impact of Community Based Dinner Club Program for Underserved Populations
Kara Eversole, Psychological Sciences, M.A.
- How many trials of Backward Digit Task are enough? Discriminating mild cognitive impairment subtypes on the BDT
Sasha Ewing, Biology, M.S.
- Urban habitats impact the song and reproductive success of a migratory bird, the gray catbird (Dumetella carolinensis)
Ashton Hughes, Kerem Yilmaz and Ngoc Thao Duong, Physician Assistant Studies, M.P.A.S.
-The use of Kernig’s and Brudzinski’s signs in determining Meningitis
Timothy Griest, Kinesiology, M.S.
– The Effect of Acute Caffeine Withdrawal on Exercise Performance in Habitual Caffeine Users
Josiah Hunsberger, Psychological Sciences, M.A.
– Students taking charge: How student understanding in the assessment cycle can be a resource to programs
Emily Irungu, Strategic Leadership Studies, Ph.D.
– Nonprofit Leaders’ Capital Structure Decisions in Times of Fiscal Shock
Heidi King, Adult Human Resource Development, M.S.Ed.
– Impact of Mindfulness on Employee Outcomes
Gina Legaluppi and Emily Reale, Physician Assistant Studies, M.P.A.S.
– Effects of Subthalamic Deep Brain Stimulation on Treating Motor Symptoms in Early Parkinson’s Disease
Maureen Ottaro Malomba, Strategic Leadership Studies, Ph.D.
– Community collaboration towards solving rural social issues
Kennedy Musyoka, Strategic Leadership Studies, Ph.D.
– Cross Cultural Leadership Model
Nabil Naiman and Andrea Ferrero, Physician Assistant Studies, M.P.A.S.
– Use of Long-Acting Injectable Cabotegravir and Rilpivirine in HIV Maintenance Therapy
Chris Patterson, Assessment and Measurement, Ph.D.
- Does the Student Opinion Scale’s Effort Subscale Function Differently Across Black and White Students? A Measurement Invariance Study
Ryan Silver, Adult Education/ Human Resource Development, M.S.Ed
- Lived Experience of Generation Z Employees and Their Work Values During COVID-19
LaMont Sledge, Educational Technology, M.Ed.
- Large Infographic Project – How I Lost 17 lbs
- Exploring Design Thinking for Human-Centered Marketing in the Church
Jaclyn Tolchin, Biology, M.S.
- Urbanization drives changes in avian communities, which are reflected in the song of a vocal mimic.
Evan White, Physician Assistant Studies, M.P.A.S.
- Risking the Wrist
Kyle Wilson and Michaela Bass, Physician Assistant Studies, M.P.A.S.
- My Shoulder is on Backwards?! Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty vs Hemi- Arthroplasty in Complex Humeral Fractures of Elderly
back to top
Occupational Therapy Video Presentations; 4:00-5:00pm
Caitlyn Watikinson, Chris Damerel, Britta King, Alee Halsey, M.O.T.
- The Exploration of Alpaca Assisted Activity and Trait Emotional Intelligence on Stress: A Pilot Study
YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HgBO4WmxJs
Rachel Stone, Mariah Denlinger, M.O.T.
- The Influence of Alpaca Assisted Activities on Individuals with a Dual Diagnosis of Down Syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorder
YouTube link: https://youtu.be/jcHqv2pBU0g
Carlo Lumicao, Katelyn Gardner, Kaitlyn Johnson, Alexys Faithe Taylor,Emily Bloom, Marie McNary, Cassandra Hunter, M.O.T.
– Becoming Me with PD: Influences of Doing Virtual Dance for Parkinson’s on Evolving Sense of Self
YouTube link: https://youtu.be/XR4VXKflL9o
Sarah Bonanno, Emily Burr, Natlie Vogel, M.O.T.
- Animal-Assisted Activities with Alpacas May Facilitate a Reduction in Anxiety-Related Symptoms Among College Students
YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSUpTvPWv40
back to top
Back to Top
Title IX Policies
Student Consumer Information
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
© 2022 JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY