Albemarle is a values-driven company that believes in doing the right things the right way. We combine world-class materials assets with great talent, technological know-how, and strong customer partnership to find new and innovative ways to improve essential aspects of life such as clean energy, food and fire safety, and sustainable transportation. Our purpose, value, and growth are tied to making the world a better place today and tomorrow.
The world is undergoing an energy transition. Electric mobility is advancing and Albemarle’s strategy for long-term growth focuses on expanding our talent and capabilities around the world to help meet the growing need for electrification and digitalization. This is an exciting time for Albemarle, and you could be an integral part of our important and exciting work.
Reporting to the Director of External Communications, the Senior/Lead Graphic Designer is a skilled visual storyteller with excellent aesthetic judgment who serves as the visual creative subject matter expert for Albemarle. In partnership with Corporate Communications and internal clients, this energetic, highly creative, and collaborative professional elevates brand storytelling by envisioning and executing the creation of creative assets and collateral that enhances engagement and strengthens the company brand with internal stakeholders worldwide. This individual also oversees brand standards and compliance, seeks ways to iterate and evolve our brand, and manages our digital asset management system.
One of the ways Albemarle is working to power the potential of our talent is by embracing workplace flexibility while balancing business needs. Based in Charlotte, this position has the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule.
Your core responsibilities:
• Serve as the expert in design/brand/imagery to create compelling and impactful visuals that support storytelling and overarching messaging.
• Manage brand standards and brand compliance. Proactively seek ways to iterate and evolve our brand. Update, maintain and promote brand guidelines.
• Ensure the company’s image is portrayed in a consistent and appropriate manner. Partner with Internal Communications and Global Business Units on brand campaigns to reinforce understanding and compliance.
• Conceptualize, design, and produce high-quality visual solutions. These could include charts and graphs, logos, maps, infographics, presentation visuals, illustrations, templates, publication designs, advertisements, product collateral, brochures, posters and banners, exhibit displays, animations, photography, and videos for a variety of formats and distribution channels.
• Collaborate with the Sustainability team and their creative partner to advise on and support the annual Sustainability Report. Partner with the Albemarle Foundation team to design an impactful annual Community Impact Report. Counsel and support clients on other publications as appropriate.
• Help elevate executive presentations for use with government, industry, and internal audiences, as needed.
• Work as part of an interdisciplinary communications team managing multiple projects with diverse clients under general supervision.
• Manage freelance designers, external resources (A/V, etc.), and photo/video shoots in support of project needs.
• Manage our digital asset management system and onsite video studio. Advise on studio setup and improvements and propose new technology needs to support design project needs.
• Manage photo/video stock resources and subscriptions. Feed into the annual long-range and annual operating planning (budget) processes.
• Support Corporate Communications on additional projects needed.
• Deep content creation and quality assurance experience; natural visual storyteller
• Ability to think strategically with sound judgment skills
• Adaptable and quick learner; Able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand
• Strong interpersonal skills; collaborative; builds and maintains positive working relationships
• Ability to influence others and compel change
• Demonstrates curiosity and opportunistic approach
• Results-oriented and self-motivated
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with superb attention to detail
• Ability to work in a matrixed environment supporting multiple clients; plan and execute projects with minimal direction
• Strong project management skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Works well under pressure with the ability to adapt to changing project requirements and deadlines with composure
• Adept at asset management
• Proficient in Adobe CC and comfortable working within new digital spaces
• B2B global company brand creative experience
• Demonstrated success at a large, global brand and/or startup experience.
• Photography and videography skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; a committed team player
• Customer focused
• Strong work ethic
• Good sense of humor
Key decision areas:
• Strategy and activity execution
• Project prioritization, planning, coordination, and resourcing
• Design concepts and asset development
• Budget input and spend management
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, marketing or related field
Required years and area of experience:
3-6 years in visual (graphic and dynamic) storytelling and active brand management