RW COVID-19 page: Find latest updates on global humanitarian responses
Find help on how to use the site, read terms and conditions, view the FAQs and API documentation.
Access your account or create a new one for additional features or to post job or training opportunities.
Latest humanitarian reports, maps and infographics and full document archive.
List of countries covered by ReliefWeb.
List of alerts, ongoing and past disasters covered by ReliefWeb.
List of organizations that are actively providing ReliefWeb with content.
Curated pages dedicated to humanitarian themes and specific humanitarian crises.
Open job opportunities in the humanitarian field.
Open training opportunities in the humanitarian field.
Aidspan is looking for a highly motivated individual to join its small but passionate team of staff.
We are a Kenya-based international non-profit organization founded in 2002 as an independent observer of the Global Fund to fight HIV, Tuberculosis and Malaria. Since its inception, Aidspan has bolstered the Fund’s effectiveness by being a dedicated source of information, targeted analyses and independent commentary via its official website (www.aidspan.org), the Global Fund Observer (GFO) and its French version Observateur du Fonds Mondial (OFM) newsletters, reports, social media and other communication channels. The organization is an indispensable resource for a broad range of Global Fund and Global Health Initiatives’ stakeholders – from policy makers seeking independent critique and guidance on the Fund’s policies to grass roots organizations and implementers seeking access to the Fund’s considerable resources.
Aidspan is therefore inviting applications from highly motivated and results-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community (EAC Partner States to apply for a new position as Aidspan’s Communication Specialist, functions as detailed below:
1. Description of the Post**
The Communications Specialist will report to the Executive Director. His/her key role is to design and manage all aspects of internal and external Aidspan communications. S/he will collaborate with the OFM and GFO senior editors and contribute to promoting newsletter subject matter, including the development of high-quality knowledge, and learning content for Aidpsan’s social media platforms on GFO and OFM articles. In addition, she/he will be responsible for taking notes, organizing meetings, developing data visualization success stories, and other reporting for GFO and OFM. S/he will also support the promotion of GFO and OFM activities through key communication channels and will engage critical partners and communities of practice through outreach and innovative communication practices.
Key D**uties** and Rresponsibilities**
1. Definition and coordination of the communication strategy
· Lead the development and design of an Aidspan Communications Strategy
· Elaborate the correspondent working plan
· Guarantee the implementation, the follow up and the evaluation of the Communication strategy
2. Production of the content of the communication strategy
· Coordinate and develop social medias content and other media outreach for the organization as required and on an ad hoc but regular basis.
· Ensure the accuracy and consistency of public information material.
3. Continuous updating of the communications tools
· Liaise with health media practitioners and other health advocacy groups on issues of mutual concern.**
· Handle relations to public relations, information output, press releases and media requests, social media and/or advertising.**
· Advise on and support the organization on publicity/outreach activities. **
· Promote knowledge-sharing events and other promotional opportunities.**
· Organize events with the public/stakeholders to increase awareness of the GFO/OFM and/or disseminate knowledge of Aidspan publications, activities and/or recent developments.**
· Support communications capacity building for staff.**
· Support communication and branding of Aidspan projects, events, and workshops as appropriate**
· Other related duties as assigned by the ED.**
· University degree in one or more of the following: Mass Communications, Journalism, Multi- media, Media Studies, and/or Public Relations and related studies.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, and fluency in English, working experience in French essential.
· Five or more years of experience in drafting reports, communication documents and implementing communications plans.
· A proven professional record in the field of corporate communications in a reputable organization would be an advantage.
· Experience in the use of media technology, social media for public information/advocacy, and good knowledge and experience in handling web-based information management systems and platforms such as WhatsApp, Tik Tok, Instagram, Twitter and others as appropriate.
· Proven experience in engaging diverse audiences and supporting grassroots communications efforts.
· Experience leading the planning and implementation of various outreach and media events, including press conferences and project launches.
· Experience in a reputable organisation in public relations, corporate communication or advocacy would be an advantage.
· Ability to produce a wide range of communication supports, including infographics, presentations, videos, and layouts for both web and print.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, adaptability, and flexibility
· Analytical skills, as well experience in working with teams comprised of individuals from different cultures and diverse nationalities.
· Strong professional communication skills across all levels of an organization and with the public.
· Ability to deal with last-minute requests if needed.
· An interest in and knowledge of international public health, especially HIV, tuberculosis and/or malaria, would be an asset.
This position is based at Aidspan’s office in Nairobi, Kenya. Preference will be given to those who are allowed to work in Kenya.
Aidspan offers an attractive remuneration based on staff grade.
The position will run for a period of one year and renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
Aidspan is committed to encouraging diversity and eliminating discrimination. There will be no discrimination on any grounds, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Interested candidates, who meet the requirements, should submit their CV and application letter electronically to [email protected] and copy [email protected] and [email protected] by 18th March 2022. **
Both documents together should not be longer than three pages, font Tahoma, font size no less than 11, spacing no less than 1.5-, and 1-inch margin.
The candidate should have the legal right to work in Kenya.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone/email for an interview in Nairobi. The selected candidate should be available to start work by April 1st,2022
Kenya + 1 more
ReliefWeb Labs projects explore new and emerging opportunities to improve information delivery to humanitarians.
Learn more about ReliefWeb, leading online source for reliable and timely humanitarian information on global crises and disasters since 1996.
ReliefWeb's terms & Conditions.
Service provided by UN OCHA
OCHA coordinates the global emergency response to save lives and protect people in humanitarian crises. We advocate for effective and principled humanitarian action by all, for all.
ReliefWeb's Terms & Conditions.
© 2022 all rights reserved.
RW COVID-19 page: Find latest updates on global humanitarian responses